Ghanaians visiting India for tourism are to apply for an Indian eVisa online. Tourists visiting India are required to hold valid International Passports along with eVisas. The Indian eVisa scheme has three categories; e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical Visa.
An application for e-Visa must be made at least four calendar days in advance of the date of arrival and can be made as early as 120 days in advance. The visa is valid for one year from the date of arrival. Continuous stay during each visit on an e-tourist visa must not exceed 60 days
The Indian eVisa application is very simple and in most cases, Visas are approved and issued within two working days.
In This Post:
India eVisa application requirement
- Passport (Valid for at least 6 months). Passport must be scanned to meet these requirements:
-Size Minimum: 10 KB
-Maximum: 300 KB
- Recent passport-size photograph. Minimum 10 KB, Maximum 1 MB, Minimum 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height) with white background.
- Hotel Booking
India eVisa application process
- Visit the India eVisa application website at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in.
- Click on eVISA. Make sure you don’t select REGULAR VISA APPLICATION as this will take you through a process and ask you to submit a printed form to the India High Commission.
- Fill in the details requested. Choose visa type and then submit.
- The new page issues you with a Temporary Application ID in this format: 492XA223VZ7W8FZ. Take note of the ID as you may need it in case something happens in the application process. The ID will help you retrieve your application and continue from where you left. Not all the details on the forms may apply to you. Where it doesn’t apply to you, type in NA. NA means Not Applicable. When done, SAVE AND CONTINUE
- This section takes details of your address, family and employment. Key in your address, parents’ details and that of your employment as the form requests. Then SAVE AND CONTINUE.
- This section asks for more information about your travel. The places to be visited are the cities you intend to visit while in India. In selecting the duration of your visa, note that visas would be valid for only 60 days from the time of your first entry though the entire visa may be valid for 4 months. Indian Evisas are double-entry visas. So take advantage and select DOUBLE ENTRIES just in case you may want to visit again soon or visit a nearby country that may require you to return to India to catch a flight to your home country. Luckily, this is selected most times by default. So you won’t have to do anything. Reference Name in India in India is the name of your hotel where you intend to stay. Provide the hotel’s details as reference. Move on to the next page.
- Answer the simple security questions and move to the next step. Take note that the system selects YES for all. Read through and select NO where appropriate.
- Upload a passport photo of yourself. Do not crop the photograph in your passport and upload it. The photo must be in JPEG Format.
- Upload a copy of your passport.
- Submit. Then review the information you provided. If everything is correct, continue. If not, edit.
- You have the option of paying immediately with a visa/MasterCard or save the codes provided to pay later.
- Once done, a confirmation will be sent to your email and your Indian eVisa should follow in a day or two.
India eVisa fee
India e-Visa allows arrival at the following 28 airports and 5 seaports only:
- Port Blair
Departure from any airport is permitted.
Important things to note when applying for India evisa
- Store the reference number immediately it shows up. You will need it throughout the application process
How long can a Ghanaian stay in India with eVisa?
A continuous stay of 60 days. India eVisa cannot be extended.
Other Immigration requirements when travelling to India
Return or Onward Ticket
Ghanaians travelling to India must hold a return or onward ticket. Persons holding one-way tickets may be denied entry unless they hold a visa that permits them to stay permanently.
Travellers should carry cash enough to cover their stay in the country. The amount of money you are to carry depends on the cost of living of the country you are visiting. A budget of $50 – $100 daily is recommended.
Immigration officers may want to know where you intend to stay. You may be required to provide addresses and telephone numbers of all the places you would be staying.
Holding a tourist voucher or confirmation of tour package booked is a requirement and facilitates entry into a country upon arrival at the border. If you are visiting a friend or relative, a letter of invitation containing their address and telephone numbers is required instead.
The International Certificate of Vaccination
Ghanaians are required to carry The International Certificate of Vaccination, otherwise known as Yellow Card, when travelling. Ghana is among the countries at risk of Yellow fever transmission and as such a certificate to show a vaccination against the disease is required by Ghanaians.
Check Period of stay permitted
Taking note of the period of stay allowed as mentioned above is very important. The period of stay permitted could be different from what the immigration officer granted you. Crosscheck your visa to see the maximum number of stay indicated on it. Staying beyond the period indicated on your visa is illegal and considered overstay. Persons who overstay their visas may be prosecuted, fined, and/or forcibly removed.
Flights from Ghana to India
Ethiopian Airlines, Emirates, EgyptAir, Kenya Airways and Qatar Airways.