Citizens of Ghana do not require visas when travelling to Senegal for a stay of up to 90 days. Ghanaians enjoy visa-free travels to Senegal due to the country’s Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) membership.
The ECOWAS adopted a Free Movement Protocol on May 29th 1979 and subsequently signed a Right of Residence and Establishment which allow ECOWAS citizens to travel without visas within the region.
The protocols allow citizens of member states to enjoy free movement, have access to efficient education and health systems and engage in economic and commercial activities while living in dignity in an atmosphere of peace and security.
Ghanaians who wish to stay in Senegal for more than 90 days should obtain a residence permit or must exit every 90 days.
In This Post:
What Documents Do I need to travel to Senegal?
- Ghanaians travelling to Senegal should be in possession of a valid government-issued Identity Card confirming the nationality of the holder as a Ghanaian. International passports or National IDs are accepted. For travels by air, only passports are accepted.
- An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Return ticket not required: The Ghanaian traveller can decide to hold a one-way or round-trip ticket when travelling by air or land.
- Proof of financial support not required.
- Proof of accommodation not required.
How do I get to Senegal from Ghana?
Senegal is easily accessible from Ghana by air. ASKY Airlines and Air Côte d’Ivoire fly from Accra to Dakar.