Bahrain has relaxed its visa application process to enable holders of Ghanaian passports to obtain eVisas when travelling to the Kingdom of Bahrain. The online application process takes at least 5 working days and the visa remains valid for travel until 3 months from the date of issue.
In This Post:
Bahrain visa requirement
Passport and other documents are to be scanned and uploaded as part of the application. All documents are to be in PDF format with the exception of the passport-sized photograph which should be in JPG. The size of a file should not exceed 2MB. The following copies of documents must be submitted to support the application:
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- Copy of return air ticket.
- Copy of hotel booking in Bahrain. Alternately, in case you are staying with a relative, please provide a copy of their CPR Reader’s printout.
- Copy of a stamped bank statement under the visitor’s name covering the last three months with an ending balance of not less than the equivalent of BD300.
If you have a valid Qatari residence permit, you must attach the following documents to your eVisa application:
- A copy of your Qatari residence permit
- A signed letter with the following details:
- Reason for your visit
- Your contact details
- The person whom you are visiting and evidence of their relation to you.
Bahrain eVisa Photo Requirements
A recent passport-sized photograph is required as part of the application process. The passport photo must meet the following guidelines:
- Be in colour
- Be of a photo printed on matte or glossy photo paper (not on standard copy paper)
- The photo should be taken in full-face looking directly at the camera
- The photo should have a clear background and be well illuminated
- You should have a neutral expression and have both eyes open
- Head coverings, other than those worn for religious purposes, should be removed
- If worn, head coverings must not cover the face
- Remove glasses
- Keep hair off the face
- Scans should be of photos that are similar in size and composition to standard passport photographs.
Bahrain eVisa application process
- Visit the Bahrain eVisa application website at https://www.evisa.gov.bh/list-of-online-visa-country.html and select your country, Ghana.
- In the popup, select the visa type (TOURISM if applying for a tourist visa), select OTHERS in the type of TOURISM visa. Then click on “Apply now”.
- Select the 2-week Tourism visa option and proceed to fill the online application form.
- Attach the required documents. If you are travelling with other people or you want to pay for multiple applications with the same credit card, then click on the “Submit another application” button and repeat the process as needed until all applications are completed.
- Pay for the application(s) fees (First Payment) using a credit card through a secure session with a payment gateway and do not forget to take a note of the Application Reference Number(s) supplied.
- Your application will go through the NPRA Process and once your application is approved, you will receive a notification email and a PIN.
- Go to the eVisa homepage and press on “Pay for Application”. Fill the required information and enter the PIN to retrieve the applications.
- In the case that your application was not approved, you will receive a notification email either to contact the selected Embassy or NPRA.
Bahrain visa status check
The status of a Bahrain eVisa application can be checked on the eVisa application website at https://www.evisa.gov.bh/VISA/visaInput?nav=E01&E01=e. Your passport number, nationality, date of birth and Application Reference Number are required to check the status of the visa application.
Bahrain eVisa application fee
2 Weeks Tourist Visa: 4.000 Bahraini Dinars.
Important things to note when applying for Bahrain evisa
The following documents are mandatory when applying for an eVisa to Bahrain.
- Return Air Ticket
- Hotel Booking
- Bank Statement
- Signed letter
Application Reference Number
Copy and save safely the Application Reference Number as soon as it shows up. You will need it to pay for the application, retrieve the application, and check your application status.
Before going to the payment page, write down the above reference numbers or print the page containing the reference number.
Processing of a Bahrain eVisa application takes at least 5 days. So you are urged to make your application ahead of time. If you are travelling within the next 5 days, do not apply.
Visa is valid for three months from the date of application. If your travel date is after three months of the day of application, do not apply.
How long can a Ghanaian stay in Bahrain with eVisa?
Other Immigration requirements when travelling to Bahrain
Return or Onward Ticket
Ghanaians travelling to Bahrain must hold a return or onward ticket. Persons holding one-way tickets may be denied entry unless they hold a visa that permits them to stay permanently.
Travellers should carry cash enough to cover their stay in the country. The amount of money you are to carry depends on the cost of living of the country you are visiting. A budget of $50 – $100 daily is recommended.
Immigration officers may want to know where you intend to stay. You may be required to provide addresses and telephone numbers of all the places you would be staying.
Holding a tourist voucher or confirmation of tour package booked is a requirement and facilitates entry into a country upon arrival at the border. If you are visiting a friend or relative, a letter of invitation containing their address and telephone numbers is required instead.
The International Certificate of Vaccination
Ghanaians are required to carry The International Certificate of Vaccination, otherwise known as Yellow Card, when travelling. Ghana is among the countries at risk of Yellow fever transmission and as such a certificate to show a vaccination against the disease is required by Ghanaians.
Check Period of stay permitted
Taking note of the period of stay allowed as mentioned above is very important. The period of stay permitted could be different from what the immigration officer granted you. Crosscheck your visa to see the maximum number of stay indicated on it. Staying beyond the period indicated on your visa is illegal and considered overstay. Persons who overstay their visas may be prosecuted, fined, and/or forcibly removed.
Flights from Ghana to Bahrain
EgyptAir, Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines.